YayBlogger.com
BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Monday, April 1, 2013

Rejoice! Rejoice!

I love Easter. It's a special time set aside to reflect on the wondrous gift that has been given to us: the Atonement. How eternally grateful I shall be for His sacrifice. Him, the only one of us strong enough to bear all of the burdens of the world. What love He has for us! What a miraculous thing that such a love could exist. I cannot wait to spread the good news! He has risen! Rejoice! Rejoice!

 No matter where I go, I will spread the good word with all that I've got to give. I will find the hearts that are willing to hear the Lord's glorious news pour from my lips!

I was able to have a little taste of what it's going to be like this past week. I went out with the Sisters in my area to teach a lady that has been investigating the church for about a month and a half now. She's been having some trouble coming to grips with the whole concept of personal revelation today and having a modern Prophet that the Lord uses to speak to us today. We were going to teach about Prophets and how they bless our lives today. About halfway through the lesson, Sister Groo (awesome last name, right?! I always want to ask her how her next evil plot is coming along...) turns to me and says, "So Meaghan, what does having a Prophet mean to you?" I was tooootally thrown off my game for some reason! I sat there, panicking inside my head, and said a little prayer. Please, Heavenly Father. Help me. What would you have me say? My mind was instantly cleared and I was able to witness to this lady that the fact that we have a Prophet today is living proof that our Father in Heaven loves us and truly wants to be a part of our daily lives. How grateful I was in that moment to be able to bring the Spirit into the room with my simple words that had been given to me by the Lord.

On Saturday, I had the wonderful opportunity to watch a new friend enter the waters of baptism. She had asked me to sing 'Be Still My Soul' as the closing hymn (it's my very favorite!). The Spirit was already so present in everybody's hearts as we watched her make a choice that would affect the rest of her life for the better. After she came back out to meet us, all clean and happy, she stood up to bear her testimony. There wasn't a dry eye in the room after that, let me tell you! I was so frightened to get up for my part in the program. I'm really not the best vocalist out there. I mean, I'm not horrible or anything, but there are people out there that are much better than I. Again, I found myself pleading to my Father in Heaven to help me. Please, oh please please please help me to just put one drop into these people's hearts. But then it occurred to me--this wasn't a performance anymore. This was me, bearing my testimony in the best way that I knew how. It started off shaky--it's nerve-wracking up there!!--but as I grew more comfortable, I was swelling where I needed to and backing off when appropriate. Elder Lynn, my accompanist, started to add some beautiful ornamentation, which on encouraged me further. I lost myself in the message I was singing, my testimony, my gift to my wonderful friend on this life-changing day. On the last verse, it all just came together. Oh, how I adore music! I was so happy with what the Lord had enabled me to do.

I hope that all your weeks are going well, and that your days are filled with happiness :)

Till next time...9 more days till my papers go in!

No comments:

Post a Comment