YayBlogger.com
BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Friday, August 23, 2013

So this week has been craaaaaaaazy! (Don't ever do laundry in the MTC if you can avoid it. People let Satan into their hearts down there, I've decided.)

We taught a lady in the TRC (Teaching Resource Center) who was raised in Venezuela and had 5 kids...very Catholic. However, when I told her aaaaall about how my dad was raised Catholic, and that he had been baptized into The LDS Church, it opened the conversation up quite nicely :)  Our second time with her we decided to talk about prayer, and found out that she hadn't prayed since she was a child. She said that the rote prayers lost their meaning to her pretty quickly. I was able to tell her about my experiences with prayer and how it has helped my mother, which she liked to hear about. She actually ended up saying the closing prayer! It was so awesome.


I have about a billion stories to tell, and no time to do it. Friends, write me snail mail instead if you could! (see address below)
I got really sick this week (I now use my hand sanitizer religiously) and had to go to the health clinic. The doctor tested me neg. for strep, which is good, and prescribed me some ibuprofen and a decongestant that has saved my life. I still feel really dizzy though. I have no idea why. Prayers, please :)  


Also, I have a new companion! Sister Hutto is from Dallas, Texas, and was delayed a week due to medical issues. Teaching in a trio is quite the trick, let me tell you. However, when you eventually DO get it down, the miracles are plentiful. We taught one of the most amazing lessons ever the other night in our little trio and it totally boosted my spirits.We are so blessed to have her :) She's leaving us Monday morning, though, to head to the Fort Collins, Colorado Mission. So sad. However, me and Sister Williams are terribly happy that she is going now instead of having to wait another week. Me and Sister Williams are going to be leaving Monday night, and our flight leaves at 1:00 am. Loverly.

Have a wonderful week and I'll write again soon!

(From WV...Eeep!)
Mission Home Address:
888 Oakwood Rd, Ste 310
Charleston, WV 25314-2071

2 comments:

  1. I'm not much of a letter writer, but I will post from time to time. I am so proud to know you, Meggie, and I think you and your friends are absolutely beautiful!

    Love, Sister Lili Lagan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sister Meaghan! Your UT family loves the blog and we are so excited for your 1am flight to the mission field! Personally, I love the red-eye flights. We are guessing you are connecting in Atlanta. Fun airport. HUGE! Anyway, letters are coming. Snailmail takes some practice.... :) Love - Uncle Tony, Aunt Tanya, Myranda, Baylen, Sariah, and Jackson

    ReplyDelete